blade7
Well-known member
Ben was selling WUF when I had a drive in it. But the huge turbo felt very laggy, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's been off the road for years since he sold it.Ahhh Wuf - I remember that car, used to belong to Rick.
Ben was selling WUF when I had a drive in it. But the huge turbo felt very laggy, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's been off the road for years since he sold it.Ahhh Wuf - I remember that car, used to belong to Rick.

| Dimension | Front Left (mm) | Front Right (mm) | Rear Left (mm) | Rear Right (mm) | Comment |
| A | 298 | 305 | 310 | 307 | Centre of axle |
| X | 144 | 152 | 268 | 272 | Front = head of bolt on lower control arm pivot block Rear = centre of torsion bar |
| E | 154 | 153 | -42 | -35 | |
| Basic | 641 | 654 | 653 | 653 | Ground to top center of wheel arch |






I did not know that benefit. I did the steam vent thingy and come to mention it have had zero bleed issues since.Did you not install the steam vent thingy at the back of the head? It helps very much with bleeding the circuit.
Yes, but didn't seem to help in my case, I did mess around with it quite a bit before I tracked down the main issue that made it boil over (the faulty second radiator fan connector). Changing the fan switch didn't help as I introduced a whole load more air into the systemDid you not install the steam vent thingy at the back of the head? It helps very much with bleeding the circuit.


I had my suspension set up by Chris at Center Gravity after I'd fitted a new set of KW's. Must be over 16 years ago, does he still take the car up the road, to make sure he's happy with it? When we got back he put it back on the ramp, to make sure it was still in spec, but the settings had been lost. So he checked everything again. I had set it up beforehand with string lines and a spirit level, so it wasn't miles out. But I couldn't check the hardness of the tyres, like he did though.Yes, but didn't seem to help in my case, I did mess around with it quite a bit before I tracked down the main issue that made it boil over (the faulty second radiator fan connector). Changing the fan switch didn't help as I introduced a whole load more air into the system
All good now though so hopefully it stays that way.
On another note - got the suspension setup at Center Gravity today, and the car now handles like it looks, superb!
Steering feels great and not heavy anymore, I'd actually managed to get the rear camber and toe pretty much spot on which they commended me for doing in my home garage! I will blame the last guy who tried to set it up for knocking out the front settings
BEFORE
AFTER
And now around 1050 miles since the rebuild.
It was Pete who did my car, we went out for a drive first and then another after he'd set it up. They balanced my front wheels on the road force machine and adjusted the front wheel bearings as wellI had my suspension set up by Chris at Center Gravity after I'd fitted a new set of KW's. Must be over 16 years ago, does he still take the car up the road, to make sure he's happy with it? When we got back he put it back on the ramp, to make sure it was still in spec, but the settings had been lost. So he checked everything again. I had set it up beforehand with string lines and a spirit level, so it wasn't miles out. But I couldn't check the hardness of the tyres, like he did though.
It was over £300 all those years ago, despite passing on the corner weighting. They'd have to put more weight on the drivers seat now tooIt was Pete who did my car, we went out for a drive first and then another after he'd set it up. They balanced my front wheels on the road force machine and adjusted the front wheel bearings as well![]()
It is a bit more than that now, but it is worth it considering the level of detail and attention, not just a quick and fast setup at the tyre place for £150. I could take a picture of the adjusters, but I don't think it will help much as moving them even a hair changes the alignment. What helped on mine was starting with the height adjustment in the center of the slots. I then marked the current toe and camber settings with a paint marker and made small adjustments. You can estimate how much and which way to move the adjuster to get in the ballpark.It was over £300 all those years ago, despite passing on the corner weighting. They'd have to put more weight on the drivers seat now too. I think Chris had just taken someone on to help him back then, and I had to wait over a month for a slot. I have the tool to adjust the rear suspension, so if you get a chance to take a pic, it would be interesting to see where your adjusters are sitting now.
All the rear suspension and the torsion bars were removed and refurbed, and elephant racing and poly bushes were installed. So it could be miles out. I'm not sure if any tyre places know how to adjust the rear alignment now?It is a bit more than that now, but it is worth it considering the level of detail and attention, not just a quick and fast setup at the tyre place for £150. I could take a picture of the adjusters, but I don't think it will help much as moving them even a hair changes the alignment. What helped on mine was starting with the height adjustment in the center of the slots. I then marked the current toe and camber settings with a paint marker and made small adjustments. You can estimate how much and which way to move the adjuster to get in the ballpark.
Posts made and opinions expressed are those of the individual forum members
Use of the Forum is subject to the Terms and Conditions
Disclaimer
The opinions expressed on this site are not necessarily those of the Club, who shall have no liability in respect of them or the accuracy of the content. The Club assumes no responsibility for any effects arising from errors or omissions.
Porsche Club Great Britain gives no warranties, guarantees or assurances and makes no representations or recommendations regarding any goods or services advertised on this site. It is the responsibility of visitors to satisfy themselves that goods and/or services supplied by any advertiser are bona fide and in no instance can the Porsche Club Great Britain be held responsible.
When responding to advertisements please ensure that you satisfy yourself of any applicable call charges on numbers not prefixed by usual "landline" STD Codes. Information can be obtained from the operator or the white pages. Before giving out ANY information regarding cars, or any other items for sale, please satisfy yourself that any potential purchaser is bona fide.
Directors of the Board of Porsche Club GB, Club Office Staff, Register Secretaries and Regional Organisers are often requested by Club members to provide information on matters connected with their cars and other matters referred to in the Club Rules. Such information, advice and assistance provided by such persons is given in good faith and is based on the personal experience and knowledge of the individual concerned.
Neither Porsche Club GB, nor any of the aforementioned, shall be under any liability in respect of any such information, advice or assistance given to members. Members are advised to consult qualified specialists for information, advice and assistance on matters connected with their cars at all times.