Hi everyone
I am having an issue with my 991.2 targa roof. It has developed patches down both sides, and the fabric towards the rear of it looks like its scuffing against something. Can you suggest how to cure, or could this be covered by warranty? (I have tried to investigate this before - but cant find the feedback - although it now seems to look worse!)
AI suggests its scuffing, :
Thanks


I am having an issue with my 991.2 targa roof. It has developed patches down both sides, and the fabric towards the rear of it looks like its scuffing against something. Can you suggest how to cure, or could this be covered by warranty? (I have tried to investigate this before - but cant find the feedback - although it now seems to look worse!)
AI suggests its scuffing, :
Potential Remedies & Cleaning Strategy
- Deep Cleaning & Pile Revival: Wash the top thoroughly using a dedicated convertible top cleaner (e.g., RAGGTOPP or Chemical Guys) and a soft horsehair brush. Brushing against the nap while damp helps lift flattened fibers.
- Fabric Protection: Once fully dry, apply a hydrophobic canvas protectant (e.g., RAGGTOPP Protectant or 303 Fabric Guard). This restores color uniformness and adds a protective hydrophobic layer to reduce friction during folding.
- Mechanical Alignment Check: Inspect the opening and closing cycle. If the trailing edge actively rubs or catches against the rear bodywork or glass seal as it stows, the mechanical linkages or tensioning cables require adjustment.
Thanks







