Drive along one of Scotland’s best driving routes, the A708 from Moffat to Traquair followed by a visit to Traquair House & Brewery for Tour, Ale tasting, Lunch and refreshments!
We will organise in two groups. One for gentle runners who want to enjoy the scenery and another for those who prefer to make a wee bit more noise.
- A708 Moffat to Traquair - One of Scotland’s best driving routes. Long straights, short and fast sweeping bends, an occasional hairpin and great scenery! A708 Review
- Traquair House and Brewery. Enjoy a guided tour of Scotland’s oldest inhabited home and the brewery.
- Private Ale Tasting in the 18th Century Dining room.
- Lunch / refreshments in the Garden Cafe.
- Something for everyone. Enjoy not only the run, tour and tasting but the extensive grounds and Maze. There is a gift and brewery shop and hopefully the small craft businesses will be open too.
Date : 15th May 2022
Meet : Abington Services , 9.30 for 10:00am departure.
Run : Route and timings below.
Cost : BOOKING CLOSED
Eats : £7:50pp Soup and Sandwiches- pay on the day at the Cafe.
Contact: Denis Taylor
Route: (49 miles, 1 hr 15min) Google A708 - Traquair
9:30 Meet at Abington Services (See below for optional extra leg!)
10:00 Depart Abington Services on M74 then exit to A701 for Moffat 20 miles
Approx google timings...
10:22 Moffat Town Centre to The Gordon Arms on A708 21 miles (passing St.Mary’s Loch)
10:58 Turn left past The Gordon Arms on B709 to Traquair House 8 miles
11:13 Arrive Traquair House & Brewery.
Want a longer run?
Consider adding a first leg by heading to Biggar - maybe pre-meet by the Townhead chippy! - and take the A702 to Abington services. It’s a nice road, but a tad more traffic.
Allow another 15/20mins to get to Abington Services.