byroncheung
New member
Bought replacement wiper blades (Bosch 3 397 001 582), according to the FCP website, it should fit 997.2.
However, the new blades don't have this tab that would click into the wiper stalk; I'm concerned it's not secure. The old one clicked in nicely and came out nicely and easily by pushing the tab. The new one has some friction going in; God knows if it's tight enough, and taking it out is just pulling against the friction. Every single wiper blade I used on all my cars involves some sort of clicking in place. But the FCP people seem to insist this is the right fitment. I reached out to them, and they say:
"I understand your concern regarding the tab. As shown on the packaging, this design from Bosch uses their "Quick Clip" system, which does not utilize the top tab found on the original wipers."
Really???



However, the new blades don't have this tab that would click into the wiper stalk; I'm concerned it's not secure. The old one clicked in nicely and came out nicely and easily by pushing the tab. The new one has some friction going in; God knows if it's tight enough, and taking it out is just pulling against the friction. Every single wiper blade I used on all my cars involves some sort of clicking in place. But the FCP people seem to insist this is the right fitment. I reached out to them, and they say:
"I understand your concern regarding the tab. As shown on the packaging, this design from Bosch uses their "Quick Clip" system, which does not utilize the top tab found on the original wipers."
Really???









