Menu toggle

"Wanted: Porsche 944 S2, 1989/90"

william.potter

New member
Wanted: Porsche 944 S2, 1989/90 (preferably rubber spoiler rather than the later bridge spoiler), manual, coupe.

I've spent a good while researching the S2 properly before jumping in — model years, colours, known rust spots (sills, front and rear lower wings), the cambelt/balance belt/water pump service history that matters most, and realistic market pricing.
I'm not browsing on a whim; I know what I'm looking for and what a well-documented car should look like.

In terms of spec, I'd love one of the rarer factory colours, with Guards Red, any blue, white, or black all very welcome too. What matters most is condition and history: in an ideal scenario I'd love to see a documented service record, ideally including some Porsche dealer stamps, cambelt and water pump done and proven with invoices, and minimal rust history — a car that's been cared for rather than just cheap to buy.

Budget realistically sits in the £13,000–£17,000 range for the right car, more for something exceptional with full history and a rare colour.

One honest caveat: I'm not in a position to complete a purchase until my late mother's estate is finalised, which I expect will be sometime next year. I'm not asking anyone to hold a car for me or wait around — if you need a quick sale, please don't let this put you off looking elsewhere. But if you own a genuinely good S2 and aren't in any rush to sell, I'd love to stay in touch in the meantime, see photos, and potentially be first in line when the time comes.

Happy to chat about the car either way, even if just to swap notes — I've found the research side of this genuinely enjoyable.

Please message me here for now rather than by phone.

Thanks,
William
 
Hi William

That's interesting, the timing might be ideal. I'm thinking of changing to a 968 Tip (I have foot issues). Changing my daily driver to auto is much better. But haven't seen the right car yet, so I'm resigned to wait until next year. It needs to be a coupe as the car lives under a cover. Most Tips seem to be Cabrios...

My car is a 1990 bridge spoiler I'm afraid, but I've had it since 2006. Now on 123k miles.
Manufactured early 1990 and first reg Jan 1992 (I think they were making for stock prior to moving production to Stuttgart for the 968.)
Serviced annually by Northway, who have also done any repairs/maintenance, and serviced by them for the previous owner. They know about transaxle cars.
Alpine white, cobalt blue interior with front seats re trimmed full leather last year. Worth every penny, I tell myself...

Currently only doing c.2k miles a year, I used to do the odd trackday but now only hill climb at Prescott for the the Winchcombe Rotary event (2 runs) and the Hill Climb School. See the picture on my avatar!

Keep in touch. PM perhaps?

Graham Webb
 

Posts made and opinions expressed are those of the individual forum members

Use of the Forum is subject to the Terms and Conditions

Disclaimer

The opinions expressed on this site are not necessarily those of the Club, who shall have no liability in respect of them or the accuracy of the content. The Club assumes no responsibility for any effects arising from errors or omissions.

Porsche Club Great Britain gives no warranties, guarantees or assurances and makes no representations or recommendations regarding any goods or services advertised on this site. It is the responsibility of visitors to satisfy themselves that goods and/or services supplied by any advertiser are bona fide and in no instance can the Porsche Club Great Britain be held responsible.

When responding to advertisements please ensure that you satisfy yourself of any applicable call charges on numbers not prefixed by usual "landline" STD Codes. Information can be obtained from the operator or the white pages. Before giving out ANY information regarding cars, or any other items for sale, please satisfy yourself that any potential purchaser is bona fide.

Directors of the Board of Porsche Club GB, Club Office Staff, Register Secretaries and Regional Organisers are often requested by Club members to provide information on matters connected with their cars and other matters referred to in the Club Rules. Such information, advice and assistance provided by such persons is given in good faith and is based on the personal experience and knowledge of the individual concerned.

Neither Porsche Club GB, nor any of the aforementioned, shall be under any liability in respect of any such information, advice or assistance given to members. Members are advised to consult qualified specialists for information, advice and assistance on matters connected with their cars at all times.

Back
Top