Hi all,
somehow, I have just acquired my second Porsche - I already have a 987 Cayman Design Edition One and I have just acquired a 1990 my P44 S2 Cabriolet with the objective of recommissioning it over the winter. Mileage is just turning 60k. One owner since 1990!
It's early days with the 944 but I have just stripped off the plastic side trims from the sills and the wheel arch liners. To my surprise they are solid and there is no evidence of rust. I have looked inside the sills with an endoscope and the internals are clear too. Happy days
The car does need repainting though but the absence of any welding requirements is a major bonus.
On the face of it everything works but I haven't looked at the seats electrical adjusting and heating.
No doubt there will be some surprises along the way.
Cheers,
Graham


somehow, I have just acquired my second Porsche - I already have a 987 Cayman Design Edition One and I have just acquired a 1990 my P44 S2 Cabriolet with the objective of recommissioning it over the winter. Mileage is just turning 60k. One owner since 1990!
It's early days with the 944 but I have just stripped off the plastic side trims from the sills and the wheel arch liners. To my surprise they are solid and there is no evidence of rust. I have looked inside the sills with an endoscope and the internals are clear too. Happy days
The car does need repainting though but the absence of any welding requirements is a major bonus.
On the face of it everything works but I haven't looked at the seats electrical adjusting and heating.
No doubt there will be some surprises along the way.
Cheers,
Graham







