After a nice wash, dry and blow dry, my 11k mileage 2022 model 992 Targa 4S looked absolutely splendid on my driveway.
Hands washed, clean shoes on and seat covered, I jumped in the car to drive a couple of miles to dry off the brakes etc prior to the late afternoon forecasted rain. It was then to be car covered and kept clean prior to me taking it to the OPC next week to find out why the heater wasn’t working on the drivers side.
Turned the ignition, nothing just dead. A few odd lights on the instrument panel, though I can’t now recall what they were.
Ah! Maybe if I use my Noco Boost Plus jump starter that would get it going. Sadly the battery is so dead that I couldn’t open the bonnet
AI to the rescue. I connected the jump starter to the positive access point in the passenger footwell and ground. Following the procedure as directed - still nothing. Tried the boost on the Noco and still nothing at all.
The rain clouds were hovering.
Finally called AA Porsche Assistance who came in about an hour and a half. He connected his booster and hey presto the bonnet was released. He connected the booster to the battery and the engine started. Informed not to switch it off as the battery was not taking enough charge to use.
The light rain came ruining my preparation
A call to OPC Preston to say I was on my way and the AA man followed me there. Deposited the car and after a coffee the very nice AA man Took me the 12 miles back home.
I called the OPC this morning to discuss the situation, ie charging or new battery etc but no one has yet come back to me. I’ll go in this afternoon if they don’t call me back.
Looking at the cost if a new battery makes my eyes water. Maybe they will take pity on a poor pensioner
PS I keys use my garden blower to blast out any water in the nooks and crannies.
Hands washed, clean shoes on and seat covered, I jumped in the car to drive a couple of miles to dry off the brakes etc prior to the late afternoon forecasted rain. It was then to be car covered and kept clean prior to me taking it to the OPC next week to find out why the heater wasn’t working on the drivers side.
Turned the ignition, nothing just dead. A few odd lights on the instrument panel, though I can’t now recall what they were.
Ah! Maybe if I use my Noco Boost Plus jump starter that would get it going. Sadly the battery is so dead that I couldn’t open the bonnet
AI to the rescue. I connected the jump starter to the positive access point in the passenger footwell and ground. Following the procedure as directed - still nothing. Tried the boost on the Noco and still nothing at all.
The rain clouds were hovering.
Finally called AA Porsche Assistance who came in about an hour and a half. He connected his booster and hey presto the bonnet was released. He connected the booster to the battery and the engine started. Informed not to switch it off as the battery was not taking enough charge to use.
The light rain came ruining my preparation
A call to OPC Preston to say I was on my way and the AA man followed me there. Deposited the car and after a coffee the very nice AA man Took me the 12 miles back home.
I called the OPC this morning to discuss the situation, ie charging or new battery etc but no one has yet come back to me. I’ll go in this afternoon if they don’t call me back.
Looking at the cost if a new battery makes my eyes water. Maybe they will take pity on a poor pensioner
PS I keys use my garden blower to blast out any water in the nooks and crannies.





