Menu toggle

Boxster Valeting & Detailing

Hi Folks.
Autumn is upon us but still some nice days ahead, time to get some protection on the body wheels roofs for winter.
Doesnt apply to those of us that have ceramic coating but can be topped up.
I know what i used for winter preps but be nice to share what your all using and share tips.

Keep it shiny and protected from the eliminates.
 
This thread is a timely reminder for winter preps.
My 2009 boxster sleeps outside every day, so I need to get this done.

Wash, clay bar and wax with autoglym whole body and shut faces.
Silicon fluid on all opening panel seals.
Wheels are already guarded by a demon potion, but of a ceramic I think.
Clean windows with Autogylm Fast glass inside.

Look at the mould spots on the top...everything I've tried has failed. Thinking of getting it done at a real detailing shop in the spring. I have a good soft top only cover while the car sleeps outside.

Fill the moiture trap and leave inside the car to get to the damp air. Replenish every week (usually no water trapped incidentally)
 
This topic prompts me to ask what methods members currently are using to wash - and rinse! - their cars now that hosepipe bans are in-force over much of the country?

Water buckets, watering cans, glorified garden sprayers [hand-pumped or electric]?🤔

Jeff
 
This topic prompts me to ask what methods members currently are using to wash - and rinse! - their cars now that hosepipe bans are in-force over much of the country?

Water buckets, watering cans, glorified garden sprayers [hand-pumped or electric]?🤔

Jeff
Hi Jeff.
Not ideal if your in parts of country with a hosepipe ban , but here would be my method if it was necessary.
Arm yourself with the below.
Use the V2 hydro snow foam cannon its a pump action affair, a watering can, 2 buckets with grit guards.
So basically snow foam rinse with watering can i guess you could rinse with one of those sprayers you put the pipe into a bucket.
Two bucket wash method with a Ph balanced shampoo of ones choice and a nice wash mitt ( not a sponge ) once rinsed a nice drying towel you can lightly spray on a drying aid to reduced friction adding a gloss.
If you have a blower use that for a touch free dry.
Hope thats of use
For a full valet for the winter maybe wait until any water restrictions are lifted.
Where i live not had any hosepipe bans this year.
I am sure other members have plenty of tips .
Nice to share 😊
 
Last edited:
I'm not in a hose ban area, but the pressure is on not to waste water (hose pipe use).
Have washed the 987.2 well with 4 x 2 gallon watering cans which includes the wheels but not inside them, and not the roof.

Seems to work well to the eye.

Not sure I would use 8 gallons of water if I used my hose and spray head, feels much the same to my guestimation of the 2 methods.
Wishful thinking maybe.
 
I agree with your last point Graham. I’m with Anglian Water where there’s a hosepipe ban and that was my impression too, and I understand that a pressure washer uses even less water than a hosepipe … but unfortunately rules are rules!🤷‍♂️

Has anyone tried one of the many waterless car cleaning options available which seem to be suitable for light road grime?

Jeff
 
Why not use your pressure washer? They don’t need to be connected to a hosepipe, they can suck up the water from a bucket or large water vessel. You can either fill the water container by bucket or use a flexible water connection. I use a WEX battery powered pressure washer, or my regular Karcher pressure washer.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8497.jpeg
    IMG_8497.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 4
Good tip.
+1 for a battery or pump affair pipe into a bucket as i said to Jeff.
Never used a Karcher with pipe in bucket.
As said never had a hosepipe ban or i was excused being a mobile valeter with permission.
Nice hearing all your tips
 
I had wondered if a pressure washer could be used with an unpressurised water source, as Stephen has suggested. It seems that some have a priming action which ensures that the pump isn’t running dry, leading to potential pump failure. Not sure if my ancient Nilfisk has that feature, but I suppose that I could connect it briefly to a supply to prime it and then switch over to a water container. I think I might need a bigger bucket though!😀

Jeff
 
Hi Jeff

I use Car Pro &Gyeon waterless wash products that you dilute and only use high quality microfibres that you keep turning to a clean side .... but only on lightly soiled bodywork. Works a treat especially in the summer months with hosepipe ban
 

Posts made and opinions expressed are those of the individual forum members

Use of the Forum is subject to the Terms and Conditions

Disclaimer

The opinions expressed on this site are not necessarily those of the Club, who shall have no liability in respect of them or the accuracy of the content. The Club assumes no responsibility for any effects arising from errors or omissions.

Porsche Club Great Britain gives no warranties, guarantees or assurances and makes no representations or recommendations regarding any goods or services advertised on this site. It is the responsibility of visitors to satisfy themselves that goods and/or services supplied by any advertiser are bona fide and in no instance can the Porsche Club Great Britain be held responsible.

When responding to advertisements please ensure that you satisfy yourself of any applicable call charges on numbers not prefixed by usual "landline" STD Codes. Information can be obtained from the operator or the white pages. Before giving out ANY information regarding cars, or any other items for sale, please satisfy yourself that any potential purchaser is bona fide.

Directors of the Board of Porsche Club GB, Club Office Staff, Register Secretaries and Regional Organisers are often requested by Club members to provide information on matters connected with their cars and other matters referred to in the Club Rules. Such information, advice and assistance provided by such persons is given in good faith and is based on the personal experience and knowledge of the individual concerned.

Neither Porsche Club GB, nor any of the aforementioned, shall be under any liability in respect of any such information, advice or assistance given to members. Members are advised to consult qualified specialists for information, advice and assistance on matters connected with their cars at all times.

Back
Top