Menu toggle

964 Air conditioning problem.

TeChnIcally_12

PCGB Member
Member
964 Air conditioning overhauled last year with a new genuine evaporator fitted.
Ten months later fine particles Aluminium in colour blowing out of A/C vent.
The finish on evaporator is failing to my surprise.
Has anyone else had this problem?
 
I had exactly the same problem. It was made worse because the drain pipes were blocked so I think the evaporator was exposed to a lot of water until I unblocked them. My evaporator was made by Mahle. I have heard that they had a bad batch with a problem with the anodizing. The replacement ( not Mahle) has been so far after nearly 2 years. Not a fun job replacing it but breathing in aluminum oxide particles is not a good idea
HTH
Steve
 
I had exactly the same problem. It was made worse because the drain pipes were blocked so I think the evaporator was exposed to a lot of water until I unblocked them. My evaporator was made by Mahle. I have heard that they had a bad batch with a problem with the anodizing. The replacement ( not Mahle) has been so far after nearly 2 years. Not a fun job replacing it but breathing in aluminum oxide particles is not a good idea
HTH
Steve
What brand did you replace it with? I am thinking CSF as an alternative, as apparently Genuine Porsche evaporator do not have protective coating.
 
Last edited:

Posts made and opinions expressed are those of the individual forum members

Use of the Forum is subject to the Terms and Conditions

Disclaimer

The opinions expressed on this site are not necessarily those of the Club, who shall have no liability in respect of them or the accuracy of the content. The Club assumes no responsibility for any effects arising from errors or omissions.

Porsche Club Great Britain gives no warranties, guarantees or assurances and makes no representations or recommendations regarding any goods or services advertised on this site. It is the responsibility of visitors to satisfy themselves that goods and/or services supplied by any advertiser are bona fide and in no instance can the Porsche Club Great Britain be held responsible.

When responding to advertisements please ensure that you satisfy yourself of any applicable call charges on numbers not prefixed by usual "landline" STD Codes. Information can be obtained from the operator or the white pages. Before giving out ANY information regarding cars, or any other items for sale, please satisfy yourself that any potential purchaser is bona fide.

Directors of the Board of Porsche Club GB, Club Office Staff, Register Secretaries and Regional Organisers are often requested by Club members to provide information on matters connected with their cars and other matters referred to in the Club Rules. Such information, advice and assistance provided by such persons is given in good faith and is based on the personal experience and knowledge of the individual concerned.

Neither Porsche Club GB, nor any of the aforementioned, shall be under any liability in respect of any such information, advice or assistance given to members. Members are advised to consult qualified specialists for information, advice and assistance on matters connected with their cars at all times.

Back
Top