Although a short factory visit was managed in early March the situation for group overseas trips with an acceptable level of risk has changed significantly since then. It had been hoped that factory visits would restart in September but recently the decision has been made by Porsche management to put this back until the end of October.
In practice it looks as though they will not recommence until the spring of 2021 and then only if the level of risk of taking groups round the factory is then deemed to be an acceptable level. The Museum remains open to individuals at present with restricted entry numbers, obligatory mask usage and other protection measures.
We will continue to monitor the situation to see if any other opportunities arise. The possibility of inbound quarantine in the UK based on travel from Europe is an increasing concern and members would have to take account of that risk in their planning.
Beyond that thoughts turn to 2021 where it is hoped we will be able to run a programme. A flexible itinerary and levels of social distancing will be key factors - so probably fewer visits to indoor venues and more excursions to open-air destinations. Options for small sub-groups to explore individually and good drives are likely to be scheduled.
At present the main focus is around a visit via Stuttgart to the Dolomites in late May to early June. Other opportunities may arise but at the moment long term planning is challenging and flexibility is the key in avoiding major risks.
If you have any points around registration please contact Mandy Sear via email@example.com or for further information on itineraries please get in touch with Richard Watling by using firstname.lastname@example.org
I am sorry that it is not better news but we hope that 2021 will be better.