The Club will be returning to the Isle of Man for a 20th time in 2019 for another Manx Tour organised by Geoff Ives.
The tours started in 2000 and the main hotel used by the Club was the Mount Murray, a country club with 18-hole championship golf course, just outside Douglas and six miles from the ferry terminal. Unfortunately, after it burned down in 2013 we had to find a new venue but it has now been rebuilt to even better than its original splendour and we are returning in 2019, from 17-20 May.
The Isle of Man is a great destination, with superb roads, many of which have no speed limit and a host of historic sites to visit. The scenery is fabulous and lovers of wildlife will enjoy watching seals, dolphins, whales and many rare birds in their natural surroundings.
The itinerary is still being finalised bur will include the following:
• Friday evening: wine and buffet reception
• Saturday morning: the first of two of our famous Dawn Raids – an early run at road-legal speeds over the 37.73 mile TT Circuit, followed by breakfast.
• Saturday: free time to visit various attractions, including the Isle of Man Motor Museum
• Sunday morning: another Dawn Raid
• Sunday evening: Gala Dinner – only dress code is ‘presentable’!
Cost: Based on two people sharing a car and hotel room, the cost is £405 per person, which includes return ferry fare from Liverpool or Heysham, hotel room on a B&B basis, reception buffet and Gala Dinner. Please ask if you would like single rates.
Booking: please email email@example.com or call 01865 880626 if you have any queries.