Members’ Code of Conduct
Porsche Club Great Britain is a not-for-profit organisation with the following objectives:
- To be the heart of Porsche ownership and enjoyment in the UK
- To enhance the Porsche ownership experience of our members
- To promote and offer members a wide range of benefits and services
- To promote the Club as a social and friendly organisation providing value for money to all those eligible for membership, encouraging them to join the Club.
All members, staff, partners and officials of the Club shall be bound by this Code of Conduct.
Members, staff and officials of the club have a right to:
- Be treated fairly, equally and with respect by the Club, its staff, officials and other members.
- Socialise in an environment free from all forms of harassment and discrimination.
- Privacy and confidentiality concerning records, documentation and any other communication containing a member’s personal information, unless consent is otherwise provided.
- Be informed and actively involved in all club events and offerings.
- Voice their opinions, requirements and suggestions to the Board.
Breaches of this Code of Conduct:
- Treat other members, guests, officials, staff of venues and other patrons where an event is being held fairly, equally and with respect and courtesy.
- Behave responsibly and ensure they conduct themselves in a manner which will not injure the reputation of the Club, its events, officials, participants or sponsors.
- When engaging in Porsche Club activity not to drive in a reckless, dangerous or inconsiderate manner such that the reputation of the Club or the Porsche brand is brought into disrepute.
- Not physically or verbally harass other members, staff or officials.
- When posting on forums or social media, whether Club sponsored or not, the member will not engage in criticism of other members, officials, staff or repeated criticism of the Club.
- Report any inappropriate behaviour of a member to the Club Manager, or if it relates to the Club Manager then report to the Chairman or Vice Chairman, for action and follow up.
- Abide by and uphold the Code of Conduct.
Policy reviewed 20/08/2019
- Any member not behaving in accordance with the terms of the Code of Conduct at an event of the Club may be asked to leave.
- The inappropriate behaviour of any members will be investigated, discussed and an appropriate course of action will be taken by the Board, which may include termination of Club membership.